Download our manifesto as a PDF
A Sustainable Green Future for Uttlesford!
A Growing Green Economy
- Encouraging and supporting green local businesses
- Support for the creation of new jobs for a Green Future
- Developing Education, training and apprenticeship opportunities.
Affordable, Sustainable Housing
- Energy efficient new homes with the highest standards of insulation and renewable power systems to bring down energy bills
- Grants to help people insulate their homes properly so that no one has to choose between heating and eating
- Genuinely affordable homes to enable young people in particular to invest in their futures
- Homes that create vibrant communities in the right places.
- Dependable public transport with electric buses connecting villages and railways
- Safe walking and cycling networks
- Electric car charging available to everyone by 2030
- Proper maintenance of our roads.
Protecting Nature and Biodiversity
- Increase and protect wildlife habitats and corridors
- Give nature a real status in all planning decisions
- Protect our streams and rivers, reducing sewage and pollution
- Establish local nature reserves, natural green spaces and a country park
- A broadleaf tree planted for every bedroom built.
Community owned Renewable Energy
- Solar panels on all available roofs, above car parks, in local neighbourhoods and on commercial sites to keep profits in the community.
- We will treat the climate crisis as the emergency it is
- Show decisive leadership in reducing greenhouse gases and encouraging sustainable lifestyles
- Maximise recycling and reduce waste
- Our most passionate focus will be on securing the lives of our children and grandchildren
- Let us leave them the best possible legacy!
Vote for the Green Party on May 4th